Sunday, March 15, 2020

Episode 10 - A Tangled Web We Weave


Episode 10 – A Tangled Web We Weave

FADE IN: DAY - CHARLES WHITE residence

CHARLES and TREVOR are having a meeting in Charles’s living room.

CHARLES
So what’s happening on social media in regards to our smear campaign against Palenti?

TREVOR
It started off well – but all our paid attack ads and trolls are being countered by his huge following throughout the country. I think it’s time break out the big guns.

CHARLES
Damn! Just like that little prick Kevin predicted! Yes it’s time to take it to the next level because time is running out and the president is useless. He thinks he can win the election the fair way by doing all his campaigning on the road to all the riff raff. I want to you to contact our guys – and tell them the plan to disrupt the march early in the day - is on.

TREVOR
No problem but what about Palenti? Why don’t we just cut the head off the snake?

CHARLES
What? I step on toes but I don’t kill people Trevor! Keep your wannabe gangster crap to yourself!

TREVOR
But I thought… never mind.

CHARLES
No – what did you think Trevor?

TREVOR
I accidentally over heard you saying you were considering taking him out – so I…

CHARLES
You accidentally over heard me? You were spying on me you little prick! How dare you! What I say in anger – in private and out of context – is my business – you understand?

TREVOR
Yes sir but I, I…

CHARLES
I-I-I what? Spit it out!

TREVOR
I may have fucked up.

CHARLES
Fucked up how? How did you fuck up Trevor?

TREVOR
I have always been straight with you Mr. White because you have been good to me – so I may have slipped and told Kevin about our plans to sabotage Palenti. I was drunk!

CHARLES
Kevin? Why the fuck would you do that? You know he is one the president’s closest confidants and advisors! What exactly did you tell him?

TREVOR
I don’t totally remember. I was pretty hammered. We were at the bar and I just ran into him by chance – you know we know each other from college. Anyway, I mentioned how we are going to mess up the march, which he did not seem surprised by. It was the Palenti thing that he did not want know about…

CHARLES
My God – the Palenti thing? You fucking idiot! I knew I could not count on you – you are a subpar fuck up! I had no intention of killing Palenti or anyone else – I don’t kill people Trevor – I do have some morals you jackass! I was angry and just letting off steam to a colleague! If you had listened to more of the conversation – you would have figured that out asshole!

TREVOR
I am really sorry Mr. White, but do you think he will say anything to anyone – I mean after all, we all are on the same team? Right?

CHARLES
I don’t know Trevor – murder is a serious matter and this self made wunderkind Kevin prick may just tell someone – about all our plans – never mind the bullshit hit man narrative you spewed out in your drunken stupor! You have a drinking problem Trevor – and now it has become a liability - to me and my business.

TREVOR
No – I will fix it boss – I can go and tell him that I was making shit up because I was drunk!

CHARLES
Yes you will fix it Trevor. You will instruct one of our guys to rough him up a bit and warn him to keep his mouth shut.

TREVOR
Fine. It’s done. I will tell them today when I speak to them about the parade plans.

CHARLES
You better set this straight Trevor because you are fired if you don’t.

TREVOR
Okay, okay - I will fix it – make it right!

CHARLES
Well, why are you standing there? Go take care of your business so I can focus on mine – namely, making sure we win this election.

TREVOR
Yes sir. I’m on it!

TREVOR exits room

FADE OUT:

No comments:

Post a Comment